The Murkin Group is now a Preferred Vendor and Proud Member of the ILMDA
The Illinois Lumber and Material Dealers Association, ILMDA,.For over 127 years the ILMDA has operated as a professional trade association. The Association represents lumber dealers in Illinois. ILMDA acts as a training facility and communications network. ILMDA offers educational resources, publications, and member discounts. ILMDA conducts conferences and seminars. ILMDA represents some 115 retail companies and 100 associated companies that are suppliers of goods and services for our retail members in about 400 Illinois locations.
Academic Scholarships are offered by the Illinois Lumber and Material Dealers Association Educational Foundation.
ILMDA • 932 South Spring Street,
Springfield, Illinois 62704
Toll Free 800-252-8641 • Phone 217-544-5405
For more information Go to ILMBA.com
MEMBER TO MEMBER BENEFITS
The Murkin Group is truly pleased to offer all members of the Illinois Lumber and Material Dealers Association an opportunity to work with a growing Commercial and Consumer Collection Firm and a member. We also see value in offering local companies that are members lower rates for our services to help minimize your cost in using a 3rd party to collect on your past due customers. The rates we are offering below are for ILMDA Members and any referrals they send to our growing company.
Submit A Claim
THE MURKIN GROUP, LLC SERVICE AGREEMENT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for engaging THE MURKIN GROUP, LLC, a Florida limited liability company (“TMG”). In order to provide you the highest quality services, it is important to clarify our mutual expectations. Your signature below, by your duly authorized officer or representative, constitutes your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of the engagement (this “Agreement”) by the undersigned (“Client”) for the collection of delinquent accounts by TMG or its network of attorneys and collection specialists on behalf of Client.
- Client hereby retains the services of TMG for the purpose of providing debt collection services. In the interest and spirit of maintaining the highest level of ethical and professional standards, the parties agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the terms stated in this Agreement.
- Client represents and warrants to TMG the validity, amount and authenticity of all outstanding accounts, debts, obligations or claims (collectively, the “Accounts”) placed with TMG for collection. Upon request, Client agrees to forward documentation to TMG to prove the validity, amount and authenticity of the Accounts when requested by TMG. Additionally, Client represents and warrants to TMG that Client has the full power and authority and the legal right to enter into this Agreement and engage TMG for the collection of the Account, and that this Agreement has been duly executed and delivered on behalf of Client and is a legal, valid and binding obligation of Client, enforceable against Client in accordance with its terms.
- TMG is to act as it deems appropriate in the collection of the Accounts and is authorized to accept partial payments on behalf of the Client. Furthermore, TMG shall have the right to endorse for deposit and collection any checks payable to Client. The compromise or settlement of any claim(s) will not be made without the consent of Client.
- Client agrees to cease all communication with the debtor(s) regarding the Accounts. Client agrees that the Accounts are not to be handled by any other institution, collection agent, or representative. Client agrees to inform TMG immediately as to the nature and content of all contacts that debtors make or attempt to make directly with Client. If Client receives direct contact from a debtor, Client agrees to refer the debtor to TMG for all communications regarding the Account. Accounts that are compromised by Client and/or settled directly with the debtor are subject to TMG’s fees pursuant to Section 5 of this Agreement. Also, any claims on Accounts paid directly by a debtor to Client shall be subject to TMG’s fees pursuant to Section 5 of this Agreement.
- All Accounts placed with TMG by Client regardless of the amount of such delinquent Account shall be billed by TMG to Client, and Client agrees to pay TMG, at the following rates (if an Account falls into multiple rate categories, the highest rate shall apply):
- The below rates will be applied to the terms of this agreement for all Illinois Lumber & Material Dealers Association.
- Client may withdraw an Account for any reason and at any time, including without limitation, if Client states that the Account was placed in error or if Client discovers that the balance has been paid; provided, however, that in the event Client provides written notification that it is withdrawing an Account from TMG (the “Withdrawal Notification”), Client agrees to pay TMG the fee set forth in Section 5, which shall be calculated based on the percentage (set forth in Section 5) of the outstanding debt of the Account as stated when the Account was initially placed with TMG. Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, if Client delivers the Withdrawal Notice within seventy-two hours of the time when the Account is initially placed with TMG, then TMG shall discount the fee payable by Client to TMG by fifty percent. Client shall pay the fee to TMG within five (5) days after TMG delivers its invoice to Client. Once legal proceedings have been initiated, Client shall also be responsible for paying all fees, court costs, and due diligence expenses associated with such legal proceedings even if Client provides a Withdrawal Notification.
- By placing your Accounts with TMG, Client authorizes TMG to act as its agent and to proceed to collect the Accounts according to TMG’s established policies and procedures. In the event it becomes necessary to forward Client’s Accounts to an attorney for legal action, Client directs and authorizes TMG, as its agent, and as a convenience to Client, to assign the Accounts to an attorney as designated by TMG. Both TMG and the attorneys designated by TMG that represent Client, are hereby authorized to accept payments and endorse checks, notes, money orders, drafts or any other form of currency for deposit. TMG must receive authorization from the Client prior to filing a lawsuit or settling an account.
- Client acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement not only applies to the Accounts placed with TMG as of the date hereof, but this Agreement shall apply to any and all future Accounts placed with TMG unless otherwise agreed to in writing and signed by a duly authorized officer or representative of both parties. This Agreement, including any exhibits or schedules attached hereto, is intended by the parties as a final expression of their agreement and as a complete and exclusive statement of the terms thereof. No course of prior dealings between the parties and no usage of trade shall in any way explain or vary any of the terms of this Agreement. No modification, amendment, waiver, termination or discharge of any of the terms or provisions hereof shall be binding upon either party unless in writing and signed by a duly authorized officer or representative of both parties. Waiver of the breach of any term hereof shall not be deemed to be a waiver of the same or of any liability for any subsequent breach.
- This Agreement and all matters related to it shall be governed in accordance with the law of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of laws principles. If it is ever necessary for either party to file a lawsuit against the other, each of the parties hereby consents and agrees that all actions arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be heard and determined exclusively in any federal court sitting in Pinellas County, Florida (or if no such federal court has jurisdiction, any state court sitting in Pinellas County, Florida), and any appellate court therefrom, and that such courts shall have personal jurisdiction for purposes of any such suit, and each party further consents to personal service of process being effected by registered or certified mail. The prevailing party in any legal action between the parties shall be entitled to receive from the non-prevailing party all of its all costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees incurred, including, but not limited to, fees incurred in both trial and appellate courts. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each of the parties hereby waives the right to trial by jury in any action, suit, counterclaim or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement.
- Client hereby indemnifies and agrees to hold harmless TMG, and its officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates (collectively the “Indemnitees”) from all costs, claims, losses, damages, fees, expenses or liabilities, including reasonable attorney’s fees (collectively, “Losses”), resulting from or related to Client’s violation of this Agreement, and any Losses from third party claims or actions related to or resulting from the Accounts, the actions or omissions of Client, and the operation of Client’s business. Representative expressly agrees that its obligation to indemnify and hold harmless Indemnitees shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL TMG BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR ENHANCED DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY COLLECTION EFFORTS MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCOUNTS OR ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT BY TMG, REGARDLESS OF: (A) WHETHER THE DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE; (B) WHETHER OR NOT TMG WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE DAMAGES AND (C) THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) ON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL TMG’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED FIFTY PERCENT OF THE AMOUNT OF THE COLLECTION FEE PAID TO TMG BY CLIENT UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCOUNT THAT IS GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS APPLY EVEN IF CLIENT’S REMEDIES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
Disclaimer for Placements
**if you have an agreement with our Sales Team regarding your rates, we will honor any and all previously agreed upon rates.
COMMERCIAL COLLECTION RATES
The follow rates will be applied to new placements.
Any placement that is under $100K, is less than 1-year-old will be handled at a rate of 18%
Any placement that is over $100K, is less than 1-year-old will be handled at a rate of 15%
Any placement that is over 1-year-old, and has not been previously worked and does not include a judgment will be handled at a rate of 25%.
Any placement that includes a judgment or has been previously worked by an agency or attorney will be handled at a rate of 33.33%.
Any placements that are forwarded to one of our network of attorneys will be handled at a 40% rate.
*Placements that are less than 1-year-old and include a signed credit application, the debtor will be charged a 25% fee, if the balance in full plus our fees are collected from the debtor the client will be remitted 100% of the balance placed.
*Placements that are over 1-year-old and include a signed credit application, the debtor will be charged a 33.33% fee, if the balance in full plus our fees are collected from the debtor the client will be remitted 100% of the balance placed.
CONSUMER COLLECTION RATES
Any placements that are less than 1-year-old will be handled at a rate of 30%
Any placement that is over 1-year-old, and has not been previously worked and does not include a judgment will be handled at a rate of 35%.
Any placement that includes a judgment or has been previously worked by an agency or attorney will be handled at a rate of 35%.
Any placements that are forwarded to one of our network of attorneys will be handled at a 40% rate.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
- Call Us: To receive a free consultation regarding our services and our rates, call one of our professionals now. We will provide you with an associate that specializes in recovery within your industry.217-686-4242
- Contact Us: Please email to Curtis Fort to receive more information regarding the many services we offer our clients. We understand busy professionals may not have the time to talk and would like to explore our services independently to make sure our agency is the right fit.